Artificial Intelligence in Clinical Trials for Regenerative Medicine
At a time when the presses are abuzz with the possibilities of AI, this talk provides a vision for what ma be possible if we combine AI technology with cutting edge diagnostics now under development and clinical trial design and implementation strategies. In that way, AI will not only strengthen the patientphysician partnership that is central to disease monitoring but also accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and clinical rollout of new treatments to preserve and regenerate vision.
- Current use of AI in eye diseases
- Barriers to clinical trials implementation
- Challenges unique to rare diseases
- FDA mandated clinical trial endpoints
- Proposal for use of AI to facilitate clinical trials