Optometry Today’s view on WAEH event in London
Optometry Today has released their article and videos from this year’s World Association of Eye Hospitals conference in London. In the article OT shares their pick of seven projects presented at the event.
- Detecting diabetic retinopathy in India and Thailand presented, by Dr Alan Karthikesalingam, senior clinician scientist at Deep Mind Health.
- Algorithms trained to identify gender using fundus photography, by Google.
- Using an AI-system to plan treatments for cancer patients, presented by Dr Alan Karthikesalingam.
- Identifying lung cancer with AI, presented by Dr Alan Karthikesalingam.
- Predicting readmission to hospital, presented by Dr Alan Karthikesalingam.
- Using AI to screen glaucoma, presented by Koen Vermeer, director of the Rotterdam Opthalmic Institute.
- Predicting glaucoma progression, presented by Rahul Shah, assistant administrator at the Wilmer Eye Institute in the US.