Board meeting agenda
- Thursday March 30 2023
- Time: 13.00 CEST
- Open to board members of the WAEH & invitees by the board
- Tech: via Zoom
- Chair of the WAEH:
- Mrs. Cathy Kowalewski, Wilmer Eye Institute – Johns Hopkins Hospital, USA
- Mr. Martin Kuper, Moorfields Eye Hospital, United Kingdom
- Dr. Nelson, Kellogg Eye Center, USA
- Mrs. Yvonne Koppelman, The Rotterdam Eye Hospital, The Netherlands
- Dr. Abdulaziz AlRajhi, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, Riyaad
- Mr. Brendon Gardner, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Australia
- Mr. Sten Kjellström, St. Erik Eye Hospital, Stockholm
- Dr. Tjahjono, Jakarta Eye Center, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Mr. Li Li, Aier Eye Hospital Group, China
- Mrs. Charity Wai, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
- Mr. Lim Hou Boon, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
- Mr. Jim Gu, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
- Mr. Rodrigo Hasegawa, Hoftalon Eye Hospital, Brasil
- Mr. Wim Oosterom – external WAEH advisor to the board
- Maaike van Zuilen, WAEH
2. Review WAEH Annual Meeting
3. Member acquisition
Accepted during previous board meeting: He Eye Specialist Hospital, China
5. WAEH Projects
6. Update Communities of Practice and Webinars
7. To be reviewed
8. Question from a Member
The SNEC is currently looking into Eye Population Health. This is a hot topic and key deliverable. Look after the health of the population instead of providing treatment only, putting it simply.
We understand that some countries in Europe have embarked on and embraced Population Health and we would like to learn from individuals or entities in these countries. Thr my web research – Finland, Denmark and Sweden, seem to do it well?
If we were to plan a visit to one country, or at max two, to learn about concept and roll out of Pop Health:
Specifically, we would like to know:
Very much appreciate your sharing, guidance and tapping on your wide network, as appropriate.
9. WAEH Member News
Book launch Treatment of Dry Eye
The English version of Treatment of Dry Eye is the first joint-work book by Aier China mainland and Aier Southeast Asia, now it has officially published internationally!
The Chinese version was first written by Prof. Qingyan ZENG, vice president of Hubei province of Aier Group, and published within China. The Chinese version vividly shows how patients can treat their dry eyes in a comic way, which has been considered as a useful, educational book for patients.
Realizing the value of this book, and to share AIER wisdom globally, Aier then invited 3 of their doctors from International Specialist Eye Centre, Aier Southeast Asia to translate, now the book is ready to benefit patients from other countries.
Interested to receive a book? Contact Chloe from Aier via: 崔陈梦迪(本部) firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Dates 2023